In any industry, a sheltered workspace almost always offers more comfort and safety than work areas exposed to the elements. In the past, not every project allowed for sheltered workspaces. Thanks to the engineers and designers at Alaska Structures® that’s no longer the case.
The rail-based rolling system for our GTX Series of gable truss buildings provides mobile sheltering capabilities while saving space. As a result, making them uniquely suited for use in the marine sector. In addition, GTX Series fabric buildings with expandable rail systems are ideal support structures at shipyards and ports with cranes. A rolling GTX Series shelter can be moved back and forth over a workspace. This creates a sheltered area for workers while still allowing cranes to do their jobs.
Straight sidewalls and open-span architectural support systems can provide more space inside than steel buildings or brick-and-mortar structures. GTX Series fabric membrane structures can be be as wide as 150 feet and any length allowing safe arch spacing. This is a great benefit for shipbuilders, due to the growing demand for even larger cargo ship and oil tankers.
Our rolling system continues the Alaska Structures legacy of creating highly portable products for use in any industry. Alaska Structures rail systems come in custom lengths and can securely anchor to ISO containers or any level surface. For this reason, our structures need very little site preparation.
Quick build times are one area where you’ll see a great return on investment. You can install Alaska Structures' GTX Series buildings and other fabric structures in days without sacrificing safety for time.
There are other benefits due to choosing a GTX Series fabric shelter with a rolling system, including:
- Energy Efficiency: Our laminated thermoplastic fabrics can be in natural light and insulated for comfortable inner temperatures in any climate.
- Modular Frames: Our high-strength metal frames allow for easy expansion or contraction to meet your needs.
- In-House Powder Coating: We can quickly and cost-effectively powder coat your architectural support system for longer field-life at any location.
- Low-Cube Packaging: GTX Series buildings and rail systems can ship quickly and cost-effectively in a range of containers. This includes ISO, crates and cone containers that can also serve as storage units.
Industries Fit for GTX Series Buildings
GTX Series fabric membrane buildings with rail systems are great options for:
- Mobile Workshops
- Marine Repair Shops
- Paint Shops
- Marine Refit Shops
- Sandblasting Shops
- Marine Storage Facilities
- Covered Cargo Storage
We focused on marine applications for GTX Series mobile structures with rolling systems, but they can do so much more.
If you have questions or want to speak with an Alaska Structures building expert, call 1-907-344-1565. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us online. Find out how these pioneering fabric building systems are right for your trade.