Alaska Structures®, a division of AKS Industries, Inc., provides the highest-quality fabric buildings and remote camp systems. Learn about our humble beginnings and what makes us the world’s largest and fastest modular building supplier.
More Than 50 Years of Proven Experience
Since handcrafting our first rugged, American-made shelter system to replace traditional canvas prospector tents on the Alaska North Slope, Alaska Structures has provided more than 29,000 engineered fabric buildings.
Today, nearly every industry uses our high-performance fabric buildings. You’ll find them in more than 85 countries worldwide, and our clients use them for an array of purposes:
- Turnkey camp systems for remote mining and construction projects
- Modular buildings for workforce housing for oil and gas companies
- Mission-critical buildings for business continuity
- Medical facilities for first responders and aid organizations
- Aircraft hangars and airport support buildings
- On-site warehousing and manufacturing facilities
- Dining halls and indoor athletic facilities
- Retractable buildings for marinas and dry-dock repair facilities
- Expeditionary shelters (quick-erect shelters)
400,000 Square Feet of Manufacturing Facilities
A division of AKS Industries™, Alaska Structures benefits from nearly 400,000 square feet of manufacturing space. We proudly design and produce our engineered fabric buildings in the U.S. and employ hundreds of hardworking Americans.
On average, AKS Industries™ employees accomplish the following feats each year:
- Welding more than 198,000,000 inches of aluminum and steel
- Heat-welding more than 15,000,000 inches of fabric
- Punching more than 2,100,000 metal parts
- Rolling more than 62,000 arches and more than 58,000 purlins
- Using CNC and custom-producing more than 500,000 parts
- Powder-coating more than 130,000 pieces
- Printing more than 120,000 logos and other items
- Producing more than 5,000 wood crates and pallets
- Producing more than 1,600 rotationally molded containers
- Traveling more than 500,000 miles to make deliveries and support customers
But that’s only part of our story.
Our employees are what truly set us apart from other companies. Their dedication to excellence, teamwork, leadership and unrivaled expertise make Alaska Structures the largest and fastest global supplier of fabric buildings and camp systems.
Engineered for Excellence
Our expert team is here to partner with and serve you. We have the technical expertise to handle most — if not all — design and engineering work by phone or email. For larger, more complex projects, we can visit your site and help with site analysis, foundation requirements and design.
Our field installation teams are knowledgeable and work efficiently with project managers, site directors and construction managers to ensure we install your fabric buildings or camp systems quickly, safely and to your specifications.
We engineer, design and manufacture the most advanced fabric buildings available, but we don’t stop there. As part of AKS Industries™, we have access to many of the support systems that allow clients to use our engineered fabric buildings in extreme locations — and that further enhance their comfort.
Here are just a few examples of those systems:
- Plug-and-play lighting and electrical systems
- Energy-saving insulation systems
- Rugged Alaska ECUs® (Environmental Control Units)
- In-house powder coating
For safety and lasting durability, we engineer fabric buildings from Alaska Structures to meet area-specific wind and snow loads, as required by local codes or the International Building Code (IBC) and the temporary section of the National Electric Code (NEC).
Our Employee Benefits
As a division of AKS Industries, Inc., Alaska Structures recruits and hires top talent from universities and experts from the industries we serve. Many staff members have advanced degrees, decades of experience or both. We also offer field-tested training programs to constantly improve our knowledge, production standards and customer service skills.
AKS Industries™ offers employees a supportive work environment, competitive pay packages and generous benefits. Although our compensation packages cost a little more, the return on investing in people has improved performance and increased employee retention. More than 90% of our executive and management team members have been with us for over 10 years.
That’s 200% higher than the national average. About half of our executive team has been with the company for over 20 years. That’s about four times higher than the national average.
How many other companies can say the same?
The benefits of working at AKS Industries™ include the following:
- Available health insurance packages
- 401(k) safe harbor company contributions
- On-site fitness center
- Leadership training for all employees
- Employee bonus plan (from entry-level employees to top-level executives)
- 21 paid volunteer days per year
Alaska Structures provides engineered fabric buildings that meet and exceed our clients’ requirements and expectations. It’s not uncommon for us to hear back from clients 10, 20 or 30 years later to tell us they’re still using our engineered fabric buildings!
Please get in touch with us using the form below. You can learn more about Alaska Structures, request a quote or schedule a consultation to discuss your upcoming building or camp system project.
Ways to Connect
Toll-Free Telephone (USA / CAN):
+1 (888) 370-1800
+1 (907) 344-1565
301 Rea Blvd.
Las Cruces, NM 88007
Schedule a day and time that works best for you to discuss your project.